ORGLIST: question on alkylation of cyclic beta-diketones

From: 星海 王 (rickw9953$##$yahoo.com.cn)
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 05:13:38 EDT

Dear all:
I am just work on alpha-alkylation of cyclic beta-diketones. as we know, the properities of cyclic beta-diketones is different from open-chain diketones, related to alpha-alkylation, in cyclic ones, the by product of o-alkylaltion is nearly unavoidable, even in high yield, As a whole, such regio-selectivity is influenced by several factors, including solvent, alkali, temperature and catalyst, but there is few comprehensive review on it. I expect to discuss this topic with you. Any reply is very appreciable.

Thanks.

Xinghai Wang. Ph.D. candidate

Department of Medicinal Chemistry,
School of Pharmacy,