ORGLIST: Making Amine Hydrochloride

From: mailbox (mailbox$##$invalid)
Date: Sun May 08 2005 - 01:27:46 EDT

Dear Friends,

I've done one reaction making Amine Hydrochloride thro' reduction of =
Oxime with Sodium Metal in n-Propanol. After reduction, TLC shows =
complete conversion of Oxime to the Amine. Now during this reaction, =
Sodium-n-Propoxide is also being generated as by-product.

Then I passed HCl gas (also tried n-Propanol HCl) in the post reduction =
mixture so the Amine get converted to its HCl, but the reaction mixture =
becomes quite milky & being difficult to filter.

Can anyone pls suggest me some good procedure that how I can do the =
Amine Hydrochloride with more ease after the reduction ?

Thanx in advance,

Kamal