ORGLIST: Re:nortropinone

From: jiwe zou (jiwen_zou$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 04 2005 - 18:58:25 EDT

I had done the same reaction, but 2,2,2-trifluoroethylamine hydrochloride instead of your ammonia, I used buffer of CH3COONa and CH3COOH (PH=4-7) as solvent and the hydrolysis of succinaldehyde(prepared from2,5 DMTHF) I used 1N acetic acid instead of 1N hydrochloride. the yield was improved to 0.6-0.8.

thanks

jiwen