ORGLIST: 60MHz spectrometer & detection of trisubstituted olefinic proton

From: Dr.Mohd. Manzoor Hussain (aac_mh$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 21:33:17 EST

60MHz spectrometer & detection of trisubstituted olefinic proton

Dear All

Thanks for the immediate response for last timeís query. Where it was said vinyl protons can not be detected with chemical shifts using 60MHz spectrometer. I want to get further clarified from the experts that:

. In trisubstituted olefins where only one proton is present (having no protons on adjacent carbon, no splitting, no coupling, no overlapping of multiplets occurs). Canít we make use of 60MHz spectrometer for identification in such cases? In vinylic compounds having 2 or 3 protons, overlapping of multiplets occur if 60MHz Spectrometer is used. Analysis of spectra is difficult ( if V/Jis small overlapping of multiplets occur in 60MHz) in trisubstituted compound no splitting, no coupling and no overlapping occurs)