ORGLIST: Increase of amount of dinitration at high temperature

From: Ji Hyun Yoon (koreanconcept$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 19:24:53 EST

Hey, I was wondering if any of you guys knew the answer to this question. It states that the higher the temperature, the greater will be the amounts of dinitration products formed in a electrophilic aromatic substitution reaction. Well, why is it that the amount of the dinitration increase at high temperature? Thank you.