ORGLIST: How to break the 5-membered cyclic borate?

From: Jeff Li (arnombas$##$yahoo.com.cn)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 22:47:54 EST

Hello, guys:
   I am having troble with a problem as shown by the title. I made a 1,2-diol by reducing a dialdehyde with sodium borohydride. The diol formed seemed to form a cyclic borate after reduction. I have a lactone moiety in the molecule, too. Anybody has any idea to solve the problem using mild condition??

Thanks ahead