Re: ORGLIST: Mild hydrolysis of Semicarbazide

From: Jacob Zabicky (zabicky$##$bgumail.bgu.ac.il)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 09:05:30 EST

Hello Gunter,

Perhaps a phenolic acid such as p-hydroxybenzoic acid or
p-hydroxybenzenesulfonic acid, forming an inclusion compound with a
cyclodextrine, will provide the mild catalysis you are looking for.
Some references about these inclusion compounds are:

Y. Sueishi and T. Miyakawa, J. Phys. Org. Chem., 12, 541 (1999).
D. Landy, S. Fourmentin, M. Salome and G. Surpateanu, J. Incl. Phenom. =

Macrocycl. Chem., 38, 187 (2000).
B. Mayer, G. Marconi, C. Klein, G. Kohler and P. Wolschann, J. Incl.
Phenom. Mol. Recognition Chem., 29, 79 (1997).
S. H. Kim, M. S. Won and Y. B. Shim, Bull. Korean Chem. Soc., 17, 342
(1996).
F. Garc ža S anchez, A. Navas D žaz, J. Lovillo and L. S. Feria, =
Anal.
Chim. Acta, 328,73 (1996).

Please let us know if the thing worked as desired.

Good luck,

jacob

Prof. Jacob Zabicky
Institutes for Applied Researcfh