Re: ORGLIST: what´s wet SiO2?

From: Vincent Aucagne (vaucagne$##$staffmail.ed.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 17:01:16 EST

Hi Diogo

I suppose that just means a slurry of normal silica (the one used for columns)
in water.
100 g silica for 100ml water.

Vince

Quoting diogo$##$unilavras.edu.br:

> Hi, everybody!
> I´m trying to use a mild nitration method that I found searching some
> papers and it tells about using, besides other compounds, something they
> call wet SiO2 50%w/w. What´s that? I couldn´t find it where I searched.
> Does someone know how I can prepare it in the lab?
> Best regards,
> Diogo.
> List coordinator: Joao Aires de Sousa (coordinator$##$orglist.net)

Dr Vincent Aucagne
University of Edinburgh, School of chemistry, Lab29
King's Buildings, West mains road
Edinburgh EH9 3JJ, United Kingdom
group homepage : http://www.rotaxane.net
Phone : (0044) 131 651 71 01, Fax : (0044) 131 650 6453