ORGLIST: Mild hydrolysis of Semicarbazide

From: Gunter Kuhnle (gk$##$mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 09:28:37 EST

Hallo!

I try to immobilize a hydrazine with an isocyanate on beads, and I'm
looking for a mild method to hydrolyse the semicarbazide after
purification; initially, I thought urease may be a possibility, but the
beads are made of polystyrene which does not swell in water [and I'm not
sure whether the isocyanate will be accessible to the enzyme].

Do you have any idea what could be done?

Thank you!

Best wishes,

Gunter