ORGLIST: iodoacetic acid clean-up

From: will jones (willjones46$##$hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2005 - 17:22:35 EST

Hi there

Does anyone have a quick and safe procedure for the clean-up of iodoacetic
acid and bromoacetic acid? I have searched a couple of lab books that tell
you how to clean up some chemicals, but nothing about these.

I want to quench the alkylating ability of the two compounds so other people
can work in the same vacinity as me without having to worry!!

Thanks in advance

Will