Re: ORGLIST: a question on stereochemical nomenclature

From: Jacob Zabicky (zabicky$##$bgumail.bgu.ac.il)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 01:40:40 EST

Hello everybody,

An interesting problem for a molecule with a C2 axis of symmetry, where
its girality is conferred by the E configuration of the chlorine atoms
attached to the unsaturated exo-double bonds. I would like to ask
Jonathan what was the ranking given to the substituents, in order to
ascribe the R configuration to positions 1 and 3 of the cyclobutane
ring of the left-hand side formula.

All the best,

Jacob