Re: ORGLIST:A nomenclature question

From: Norwid-Rasmus Behrnd (behrndnr$##$yahoo.de)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 07:44:43 EST

Dear Jacob,

in a textbook, I've seen once a special nomenclature to handle your problem in an other
way, especially used in systems which are not rigid (as cyclohexane derivatifs) and if
one want to denominate the conformation: They used not only a number, but an index, to
express how the substitutents are fixed to the fings. An "a" denominating "axial", an "e"
for "equatorial" direction, for example:
trans 1,2-Dimethylhexane or (1a),(1e)-Dimethylhexane.

Regards,

Norwid

 --- Jacob Zabicky <zabicky$##$bgumail.bgu.ac.il> schrieb: > Dear Friends,