ORGLIST:drying of THF

From: Prof. Dr. Hamilton M. Viana (hviana$##$fsa.br)
Date: Sat Nov 29 2003 - 07:00:54 EST

Hello,

I have tried some ways to dry THF, and maybe the best option would be use
metalic sodium.

Does somebody know if could happen some explosion using metalic sodium for
drying THF with 2000 ppm of water?

The NaOH formed can be separated later, but I´m worry about the risk of
explosion, because I intend to put metalic sodium into a 200L container.

Thanks.

Prof. Dr. Hamilton M. Viana
Material Science Engineering
Engineering College "Engº Celso Daniel"
Centro Universitário Fundação Santo André
Fone 55-11-4979-3451