Re: ORGLIST:THF..explosion

From: Uno Mäeorg (uno$##$chem.ut.ee)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 13:16:51 EST

Dear colleagues,

May be it's important for the chemical community to know one more fact
about THF. Once I dried the old THF with KOH pellets in 1 L bottle. I left
the bottle to stay overnight. In morning when I opened the door of lab the
bottle exploded. It was enough detonation from the opening of door.
Fortunately only my cupboard was damaged.

Uno Maeorg