ORGLIST:Carbamate/epoxide

From: Barnes, Roger (BarnesR$##$UKOrg.Huntingdon.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 03:36:39 EST

Hi Everybody
Thanks to those who replied to my previous query re selective protection of
alcohol/phenol. Here is another similar problem - 2 actually!
I am trying to open an epoxide to give the least substituted alcohol in the
presence of a carbamate. Various reagents are reported to give the right
product - e.g. borane/THF - with epoxides carrying a terminal CH2 group -
does anybody have experience with a tri-substituted epoxide? And will the
carbamate group be reduced by these conditions? - I can find little
literature on carbamate reduction.
Hope this will stimulate some interest - and help me with my synthesis!
Cheers
Roger Barnes

HUNTINGDON LIFE.SCIENCES LIMITED

http://www.huntingdon.com

LEGAL NOTICE:-

This message is confidential and contains information which may be legally privileged. It is intended for the stated addressee(s) only. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this e-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorised and is unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please inform the sender immediately.

Huntingdon Life.Sciences Limited registered in England No. 1815730. Registered office: Woolley Road, Alconbury, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE28 4HS