ORGLIST:recrystallation

From: mike bialowas (mbialowas$##$shaw.ca)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 17:17:47 EST

i've got an organic chemistry question here it is assuming the original
sample of 5g of impure acetanilide contains 3g of acetanilide,how much
acetanilide might you recover assuming a constant 100ml recrystallization
volume? show calculation. how much acetanilide is discarder? Also looking
for site for gas chromatography because I have a formal lab report due this
coming week for school, I've read my text books, maybe i am reading too much
into it but need to get a good grade, i've read Zubrick and my other text
book which explain nothing about recrystallation nor GC... thank you to all
who reply.