ORGLIST:Polymorphs of Glycine

From: Jim Currie (sales$##$nuscaan.com)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 10:59:41 EDT

Can anyone explain if there are any chemical differences between aplha
glycine and gamma glycine.

We did not think there would be any differen in glycine but FTIR of another
supply shows different peaks.

Both products are glycine and we are involved in production of Aluminium
Zirconium Glycinates(AZG) for antiperspirants.
Are there any factors we should be aware of??

If we are dissolving in a solvent the crystal struture should not matter in
the formation of the AZG ????

Jim Currie

Nu-Scaan Ltd
Waterside House