RE: ORGLIST: looking for a suitable journal

From: Paul Thind (cma$##$bluewin.ch)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 14:03:41 EDT

Dear Sir,

Perhaps you should consider publishing in ARKIVOC, your free online journal
of organic chemistry. Please visit http://www.arkat.org . The beauty about
the internet medium is that faults can be corrected at anytime and missing
references can be added. The review process does not have to end with the
one or two traditional referees, who are often busy and sometimes careless,
in reviewing manuscripts and giving timely feedback. In fact, readers can be
encouraged to comment on mistakes, which can either be simply corrected (if
these are minor and obvious) or sent back to the authors for their comments.
The medium allows for real interaction between the publishing authors and
the readers as we provide online e-mail address of each corresponding
author(s).

The internet allows for rapid publication and thus satisfies the wishes of
authors who want to create a record.

Arkat, Zurich is interested in publishing educational content for students
and teachers. However, to date we have found that scientists are far less
willing to provide content than one might imagine. The established
scientists have relationships with their publishers, and the young ones are
probably too timid.

The Arkat Foundation, Zurich does not have influence of any interest group.

Regards,

Arkat Foundation
Zurich