ORGLIST: A protocol for using N-chlorosuccinimmide

From: Andrea Giordano (andrea.giordano$##$mlib.cnr.it)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 09:42:15 EST

hello there!

As previously reported (Organic Prep. and Proced. Int., 19:329-426(1985)) chlorination over oximes may be carried out using NCS - N-chlorosuccinimmide - in order to obtain gem chloronitroso comp .

I have never used such reagent, moreover the article in my hand doesn't give any specific reference. I looked up in Fieser's, but I didn't find any procedure involving NCS and oximes.

Can anybody of you give me some hints about a possible protocol, please?

Thanks very much!

Andrea Giordano
CNR-IMC
Rome, Italy.