ORGLIST: Overpressure valves

From: Michael Engel (michael-engel$##$ma.dic.co.jp)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 01:42:09 EST

Hello,
I am an organic chemist and, until some years ago, I used mercury valves as
an overpressure valve when doing synthesis under an inert atmosphere.
During the last years, I didn't have to use such overpressure valves.
Now I am back and I want/have to to use some other types of valves.
What do use in your country, are Hg valves still in use ?
Thanks for any advice.
Best wishes
Michael Engel
(Japan)