ORGLIST: Organic Solvent For Nylon 11

From: DanKruh$##$aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 09:31:51 EST

Re: Lichun Chen's request on the above subject, we used to commercially
dissolve nylon in hot, molten phenol for use as a coating for copper wire.
This coating was used as electrical insulation. I don't recall which specific
nylon was used or the percentage that dissolved, but I remember that the
phenol needed to be water-free to the extent possible in a commercial grade.
Based on this, I would suggest to try phenol.

Daniel Kruh, Ph.D.
Poly(Chem-Tech)
E. Brunswick, NJ, USA