Re: ORGLIST: spectral data

From: GERALD MORINE, PHONE:218-755-2792 FAX: 4107 (GHMO$##$VAX1.BEMIDJI.MSUS.EDU)
Date: Sun Nov 29 1998 - 17:13:31 EST

Recently, Uno Maeorg <uno$##$chem.ut.ee>
asked, on this list,

>I'm looking for IR spectral data (or pictures) of acetylenic compounds.
>Could somebody tell me some free internet or other sources?

I suggest you look at the website at:

http://webbook.nist.gov/chemistry/

If you do a structure-based search for the gas-phase IR spectra
of acetylenic compounds (i.e. search for those with 1 or more C
triple-bond C), you will find that this free database has 190 such
compounds in it.

Hope this helps,
Gerald Morine
Bemidji State University