ORGLIST: AlCl3 purification/sublimation and drying of CS2

From: Christopher Whicker (c.whicker$##$uws.edu.au)
Date: Mon Oct 26 1998 - 22:57:27 EST

 I would be very grateful if anybody could direct me to a method for the
purification/ sublimation of aluminum chloride, as I have a bottle that was
old but unopened and am concerned regarding the condition of the contents.

In addition I wish to dry some carbon disulphide and have the Vogel's
method that uses KMnO4, Hg and HgCl2, however, the method is a bit vague as
to the amounts of each per litre of solvent to be dried (CS2).

Thanking you in advance,

CW

Christopher Whicker
Chemistry Deparment