ORGLIST: Purification of inositol

From: George D. McCallion (chem$##$bellatlantic.net)
Date: Mon Oct 05 1998 - 22:53:40 EDT

Dear Colleagues:

Currently I'm utilizing an HP5890 GC/MS to analyze myo-inositol, but I
also have a large supply of inositol (which contains the myo, scyllo,
and their 7 other brethren). Is there a method for separating the
individual isomers by, dare I say this, TLC? I'm betting that there is
a method via HPLC but is TLC viable?

Thank you in advance.

--
George D. 'Merlin' McCallion, Research Chemist
Division of Metabolism

Office: 1.215.590.6894
Fax: 1.215.590.3364
Email: chem$##$bellatlantic.net