Re: ORGLIST: specific rotation

From: Kimberley Cousins (kcousins$##$wiley.csusb.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 15 1998 - 13:44:25 EDT

I'm not sure I understand your question: did you mix one equivalent of
enatiomerically pure norepinepherine with one/two equivalents of racimic
tartaric acid? or the other way around? Are you comparing the optical
rotations of an aqueous solution of the salt with aqueous solutions of the
two components? Details such as these are necessary (I believe) to answer
the question.

Kimberley Cousins
Associate Professor of Chemistry
California State University, San Bernardino
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407
(909)880-5391

kcousins$##$wiley.csusb.edu