ORGLIST: specific rotation

From: DUFRASNE FRANCOIS (dufrasne$##$ulb.ac.be)
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 07:33:02 EDT

Hello everybody,

I have a question, maybe somebody has an answer but, specially, an explanation.

I thought that, for a diastereoisomeric salt (like norepinephrine tartrate),
specific rotation of the separated molecules could be add to each other to
give the specific rotation of the salt. I tried to calculate this with
norepinephrine tartrate and found a result that is different from the
experimental measurement. Can somebody give me an explanation or tell me
where my reflexion is wrong.

Thank in advance.