ORGLIST: Are you squared away?

From: Bryan Vickery (bryanv$##$cursci.co.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 05 1998 - 07:00:44 EDT

I'm not too sure but some of this may help

"Are we square?" - means, are we equal/have we settled our debts/have I
paid you what I owe you ... that kind of thing.

"Are you square?" - usually means (when 'you' is singular) you are very
boring! (when 'you' is plural) see "Are we square?" above.

"Squared away" - would mean to cut or smooth an object at a right-angle
(90o). (e.g. |_ ).

I still, though, cannot understand "*are you* squared away?"

Regards, Bryan

IMPORTANT! Please note the change of address/phone/fax details. This new
address does not apply to the whole of ChemWeb

Bryan A. Vickery
bryanv$##$chemweb.com
Development Executive - ChemWeb Inc.
50 New Bond Street