ORGLIST: Advice needed on Lithium Diphenylcuprate synthesis

From: Mephistophilis (stch8002$##$BUREAU.UCC.IE)
Date: Fri Jun 19 1998 - 07:42:30 EDT

The preparation of Lithium Diphenylcuprate as described in Schlosser's
"Organometallics in Synthesis' compilation employs 2.1 M phenyllithium in
3:1 benzene-hexanes. Aldrich only sell phenyllithium as a 1.8 M solution
in ether-hexanes. I would prefer to use the commercially-available reagent.
Is the solvent-combination used in Schlosser critical and/or can anyone
point me at a synthesis for which the Aldrich reagent is suitable?
All suggestions will be gratefully received.
Fergus Lalor