Re: ORGLIST: Dry box

From: Kotohiro Nomura (nomurak$##$ms.aist-nara.ac.jp)
Date: Wed Jun 03 1998 - 23:03:29 EDT

Dear colleagues,

I sent this mail to Dr. Uno this morning, and it might be helpful for
someone who wants to purchase and/or use the dry box. To keep the box with
good conditions is very important, and I know how to use dry box especially
for organometallic chemistry. If you have an interest, please let me know
personally.

Sincerely,

> Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 06:30:57 +0900
> To:uno$##$chem.ut.ee
> From:Kotohiro Nomura <nomurak$##$ms.aist-nara.ac.jp>
> Subject:Re: ORGLIST: Dry box
>
> Hi Dr. Uno
>
> I'm using dry box in my group and I bought it from Vacuum Atmospheres
Company (USA). As far as I know, there are two famous company (VAC and
MBRAUN). Unfortunately, I don't know their phone number in Europe, but I
know in the US. I always ask their Japanese office.

> VAC +1-310-644-0255 (tel): +1-310-970-0980 (fax)
> MBRAUN +1-508-531-6217 (tel): +1-508-531-7245 (fax)
>
> MBRAUN is the German company, you'll thus be able to contact easily
MBRAUN in Europe. The price is not so cheap as you might know, but it
depends on what kind of options you want to set-up. Mine has a freezer and
kit for rotary evaporator and ... It's very convenient to handle with
air-sensitive compounds such as organotransition metal compounds. I know
how to use the box especially for organometallic compounds. If you have a
question, please free to ask me "personally".