ORGLIST: To: Yoav Eichen, Israel Institute of Technology

From: Jonathan Hinck (hinckjh$##$uwec.edu)
Date: Tue May 19 1998 - 13:43:47 EDT

Dear Dr. Eichen:

I am a graduate student at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, and I am
wondering if I could have your opinion regarding your recent invention of
computer chips that utilize DNA.

My question is, what do you think may be the economic and social
implications of your invention in the long run, and what are your
intentions regarding this new chip?

I was also wondering, among you, Dr. Braun, and Dr. Sivan, which one of you
was principally responsible for the biological engineering aspect of your
research?

If you would respond, then thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Hinck