Re: ORGLIST: totoboom

From: John Deutsch (deutschj$##$essex.UCHSC.edu)
Date: Thu May 07 1998 - 10:58:11 EDT

It terms of interest, the discussions with and concerning TOTOBOOM are
much broader than the hydrolysis of lactones. In terms of risk, the
information on explosives is readily available from a variety of sources,
and I don't see this group encouraging or changing those risks. My
concern would primarily be TOTOBOOM's safety if s/he were to try and do
some of the proposed reactions on a scale or in a location that would
cause injury. Then again, I primarily do analytical work. A microgram is
a lot to me.
I must say that I enjoy the variety of opinions voiced by this group.

John Deutsch