ORGLIST: molecular biology documentation

From: Jean-Marie SALARD (JMSALARD$##$compuserve.com)
Date: Thu Apr 30 1998 - 07:48:40 EDT

Dear colleagues,
I am organic chemist in charge of documentation; so, I have to "abstract
Chem. Abstr." of articles for other chemists on new products using reagen=
ts
or building blocks manufactured by our company; a large part of these new=

products aims at pharmacological effects, described in terms of "antagoni=
st
of xxx receptor" or "antagonist of bradykinin"; I am not sufficiently
familiarized with molecular biology to know what is the therapeutic effec=
of an antagonist of SPLA2 or 5-HT1a receptor, . I need basic documentatio=
on this subject; does anyone know something like a dictionnary which
explains the different biological receptors and the role of endogenous
proteins or hormones.
Thank you by advance.
J.M. Salard