ORGLIST: Bromohydrin

From: Hormuzd Mulla (mulla$##$caribe.chem.uky.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 09 1997 - 15:00:56 EDT

Hi there
I'm trying to convert an allyl aniline to the corresponding bromohydrin. I have
tried reported procedures and some others with negative results. The ultimate
goal is to make the corresponding bromoketone. Does anyone know of any
references/procedures that would take me there? Thanking you in advance.
Sincerely
Hormuzd

--
Hormuzd R. Mulla