Re: ORGLIST: exp detail

From: by way of Joao Aires de Sousa (denonne$##$chor.ucl.ac.be)
Date: Tue Jun 03 1997 - 13:29:16 EDT

>> Hi,
>> Can anyone explain how to perform the following bromination exp:
>> "Air streams carrying 19g of bromine were introduced for 30 min to
>> a solution of ...."
>> Shall i heat to reflux the bromine, pass a air stream and
>> connect it to my reactor?
>> If anybody has a better answer i would be very thankful.

>my guess is to cannulate 19g of bromine from its container into your reaction
>flask over 30 min using a stream of air to push it through.

In that case, I would recommend using a syringe-pump. But maybe they need
the oxygen in some way and a simple syringe addition wouldn't work. You
could remedy this problem by bubbling air in your solution.

Hope this helps,
Frederic Denonne <http://c267b.chor.ucl.ac.be>
Universite Catholique de Louvain (UCL) Belgium <http://www.ucl.ac.be>
Organic Synthesis Division (ORSY) <http://www.chor.ucl.ac.be>
Voice: + 32 10 47 87 54 Fax: + 32 10 47 41 68