ORGLIST: Sodium Bromite

From: Hormuzd Mulla (mulla$##$caribe.chem.uky.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 25 1997 - 19:22:28 EDT

I'm an Organic Chemistry graduate student and am trying to get my hands on some
sodium bromite for an oxidation protocol. I've looked up the usual catalogs and
asked around to no avail. I've tracked down a synthesis (Gmelin) which uses
sodium hypobromide (NaOBr) but can't seem to find it in any of the catalogs.
Sodium bromite as I understand is used as a sizing agent in the textile
industry (whatever that means). Can anyone out there give me a place I could
buy it or a protocol to make it? Thanx.
Hormuzd Mulla

--
Hormuzd R. Mulla