ORGLIST: Re: S-alkylation of 2 thiouracils- Summary

From: by way of Joao Aires de Sousa (r.ragno$##$caspur.it)
Date: Tue Apr 08 1997 - 02:31:45 EDT

On Thu, 27 Mar 1997, Bruce Allan Palfey wrote:

> Is cyclopropylthiol available? Perhaps it would be possible to exchange
> one alkylthiol group from a readily synthesized S-alkylated thiouracil by
> reacting it with a large excess of the cyclopropylthiol under basic
> conditions via the nucleophilic attack of the cyclopropylthiolate at C2.
>
> Bruce

Dear Bruce,
yours is a good advice, but I wasn't able to find cyclopropylthiol in any
catalogue in my possession. Does anybody know if it is avalaible from any
company?
As usual, Thank you all in advance,

Gianluca "Merlin" Sbardella

My original posting was:

> On Thu, 27 Mar 1997, Gianluca Sbardella wrote:
>
> > Some times ago, I posted the following question to the list:
> >
> > >Dear colleagues,
> > >I've synthesized many 6-substituted-2-alkylthio-4-oxo-pyrimidines by
> > >S-alkylation of 2-thiouracils with alkyl halides and potassium carbonate
> > >in DMF, but when I tried to introduce the cyclopropyl group in the same
> > >way (i.e. with cyclopropyl iodide) I failed. Do you have any suggestion?
> > >I'll summarize to the list the answers I'll get.
> > >Thank you in advance,
> > >
> > >Gianluca " Blue Merlin" Sbardella

    * *
    * Dr. Gianluca Sbardella E-mail: r.ragno$##$caspur.it *
    * Dip. Studi Farmaceutici *
    * Universita' "La Sapienza" Phone: 39-6-49913814 *
    * P.le A. Moro, 5 Fax: 39-6-491491 *
    * 00185 Roma *
    * ITALY *
    * *
    * *
    * "Il destino e' quel che e', non c'e' scampo piu' per me.." *
    * (Gene Wilder, "Frankenstein Junior") *
    * *
    * "Destiny, destiny, no escaping that for me..." *
    * (Gene Wilder, "Young Frankenstein") *
    * *