ORGLIST: Structures as Attached Files?

From: Ron Michalak (rmichalak$##$gatecoms.gatecom.com)
Date: Sat Apr 05 1997 - 23:25:45 EST

Hi,
        I just checked various file sizes and it does not seem to me that
sending
structures as attached files would significantly increase download times.
For example, a reaction I have saved as a .mol file was 2.1 Kb (consisting
of three structures and an arrow). The same file converted to .gif was 1.2
Kb. The size of the email message below was 2K. Of course I would not go
against the wishes of those who administer this list, and I am grateful for
a forum to discuss organic chemistry. If a relaxation of this rule could be
considered perhaps we could discuss a size limit and a prefered file format
?

Ron Michalak