Re: ORGLIST: Ether/epoxide cleavage and exchange

From: by way of Joao Aires de Sousa (jas$##$mail.fct.unl.pt)
Date: Sat Mar 29 1997 - 09:00:53 EST

>Since structures are not easy to transmit via
>electrons, please fax the plausible mechanism to me at...

        As this problem is raised I should remember that you may upload any
file (for example a ChemDraw or ISIS file) to the ORGLIST ftp site
(anonymous) at:
        helium.dq.fct.unl.pt
        ... and then you should tell the list what the file name is.

        Of course, there would also be the possibility of attaching the
file to the message and send to everybody but PLEASE DON'T DO THAT. That
would mean sending huge messages to hundreds of people that might not be
interested.

        I hope these comments may stimulate the discussion on how to
transmit (easily...) chemical drawings in the mailing list context.

Joao Aires de Sousa (jas$##$mail.fct.unl.pt)