ORGLIST: Methylblue??? possibly

From: Dave C Timpe (thewhiteknight$##$juno.com)
Date: Fri Mar 28 1997 - 14:26:26 EST

    I have been asked for information on an organic compound that my bare
the common name "methyl blue" or something similar.
    The only characteristics that I was able to obtain about it is this:
It is an organic die that if introduced into the body will die a persons
urin blue for several days. The person who was inquiring about this
compound is interested in using it as a joke on a few of his friends.
    I would like to know if this substance is toxic or not. If it is I
would like to pass this information on to the person who is interested in
using it in this manner so he will realize what he is dealing with before
anything tragic happens.

Thank you in advance.

DCT

***** REPLY TO ***** REPLY TO ***** REPLY TO *****