Re: ORGLIST: Amino acids

From: ADERSON DE FARIAS DIAS (haderson$##$terra.npd.ufpb.br)
Date: Thu Mar 20 1997 - 20:35:28 EST

Dear R. Baascaran

I think you should have a look in the directions of Organic Synthesis,
Coll. Vol. 1, p. 194-196, 2nd. Edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (1941).
There is a batch procedure for the extration of 2 kg of starting material
(human hair or crude sheep's wool). which I believe is suitable of further
development into a technological process for larger industrial production
of L-Cystine.
Good look
A. DeFarias