Re: ORGLIST: When replying...

From: by way of Joao Aires de Sousa (dominicf$##$jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 17 1997 - 21:06:33 EST

I have a question. Is it possible to configure this thing so that it
doesn't send out confirmations to the entire list. In fact, I would be
perfectly happy if I never saw a single confirmation of any of my posts. I
don't see why anyone needs a computer to tell them that they sent out a
message. It's just noise.

What do you think? Is this a reasonable request?

One other question. Let's say I wanted to do what you are doing right
now (setting up a listserve mailing list), but maybe for some other
chemical topic like dye-sensitized photovoltaics. What would I do to get
started? Just talk to the campus techies running the university computer?
Personally I'm not a programmer. Is that going to kill me?

Thanks for any info.

Dom

Dominic Frisina | Phone: home(410)889-3529
Johns Hopkins University | lab (410)516-5573
Dept. of Chemistry | fax **call first**
Meyer Group | email: dominicf$##$jhu.edu

"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring
will be to arrive where we started, and to know the place for the first
time. "

T.S.Eliot